August 8, 2013

The adventure continues ≫≫ next stop, Juneau.

Well folks, if nothing else it's always an adventure around here, am I right? Dave got word yesterday that he's being transferred (willingly) to Juneau, Alaska! We're really excited to see more of this gorgeous state while we're here and to experience living somewhere that's a bit more "Last Frontier" than Anchorage. Don't get me wrong, I have loved Anchorage, and while it has many gorgeous sites of it's own to offer...it's still a big city.

 The real curveball though is that we thought we'd at least have until the end of the month to pack up and move out, but we were told yesterday when we got the official word that he needs to be there on the 19th. Which means we leave Anchorage a week from tomorrow...ahhhh!

So crazy, exciting, and a tad bit stressful thanks to the tight time frame. But hey, if there's one thing I've learned with all of this moving it's to be a quick and efficient packer (although Dave would beg to differ, he's the master packer in this family).

The adventure continues ≫≫ next stop, Juneau.

The good news is, we haven't accumulated much stuff since we've been here, pretty much all we have to our names is what came with us on the airplanes and a few boxes that my wonderful parents have shipped us. That makes packing ten times easier than usual, I'll take it.

Dave and I have never been to Juneau, so if any of you have been or live in Juneau, we would LOVE recommendations. Things we need to know, places to eat, must see things once we get there. Leave me a comment or drop me an email and let me know!

7 comments:

  1. I guess moving before really accumulating anything makes it a lot easier. Good luck with the packing! Looking forward to hear about Juneau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!! Glad the move won't be too hard at all, I'm excited to see what Juneau is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I've heard great things about Juneau, I bet you guys will love it! Good luck with the packing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are such adventurers! (Is that even a word? Well, you know what I mean!) Good luck with the packing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love following along with your adventures! what an amazing state to explore and learn to love!!!
    x o x o

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it really did happen. Fun times ahead. Your poor mom . . . She doesn't even have time to learn your address before you have a new one! Ha! Enjoy . . . You may be gone before we are back through Anchorage . . . Glad your shoes made it before you left!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Can't wait to experience Juneau through you guys haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...