August 2, 2013

See you on the flip side ≫≫ social media fast.

As someone who is a photographer, blogger, and shop owner, I know how hard it can be to take a self-imposed vacation...especially if all you can afford is a staycation. When most of your work is on the computer and at home, you can work any time and so many of us end up working all of the time. Even though we all know that's a terrible idea.

I found this quote last night and it really hit home...

TOO MUCH // Home is with You 
 ...so true.

Although I try to take breaks and my evenings off when I can, I still find myself constantly on social media. Anyone else? No? Just me? I know I can't be the only one, and yet I wonder if anyone else is as addicted as I am.

This morning I tested it out to see how long I could go before I checked all the accounts. And then, without even thinking about it, I sat down to do something and absentmindedly picked up my phone and started scrolling through instagram. I didn't even know I was doing it for a minute! Yikes.

So, needless to say, this weekend I've decided to do a mini social media/phone/computer fast...who's with me? :)

4 comments:

  1. You know...it has become almost autopilot to check the social net...almost like a drug...I think I may just join in the media fast...just to put thing back into perspective...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone! I am so guilty of going on auto pilot and checking social media all day. Once I caught myself doing it 15 minutes after I had just looked at Facebook. like what had changed in 15 minutes? I get my kids back this weekend and I'm thinking of leaving my phone in my room to spend as much time with them as I can! I also really love that quote! It's so true!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I for one spend way too much time online. I feel so guilty at the end of the day. Those are hours I could have spent doing something awesome with my kids but yet I wasted them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean, I've been toying with the idea of deleting all social media off my phone. I already deleted all the games, lord knows I was spending too much time on there playing mindless games.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...