August 2, 2012

Cereal Bars

Cereal Bars by Home is with You

I found the recipe for bars on the side of my Grape Nuts cereal box and decided to give it a try. As always, I made substitutions to make it as healthy as possible. Here's what I did...

3/4c Peanut Butter (I used homemade)
1c Maple Syrup
1c Sugar
4c Post Grape Nuts cereal

Microwave peanut butter, maple syrup, and sugar in large bowl for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring after each minute. Add cereal and mix well.

Press mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan coated in olive oil. Let cool completely, I ended up putting mine in the refrigerator for a bit to help harden it. Cut mixture into bars and store in air-tight container. These make a great snack that's full of fiber and protein, but be careful since they do have lots of sugar. Hope you all enjoy them!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. we LOVE grapenuts and I Have been wanting to make these bars on the side of the box!! How are they?? I was a little weary about 1 cup of sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...