July 23, 2012

Spicy Superfood Chips

I've seen countless recipes all over the internet lately for kale chips, as I'm sure most of you have as well, and I've been wanting to try it out. The other night I got a craving for a late night snack and decided it would be a great time to try...problem was I didn't have any kale. We did have a big thing of dark mixed greens so I thought why not!

Spicy Superfood Chips by Home is with You

I decided to make my own recipe, since I like things spicy, and they turned out great! If you use kale it might be crunchier, but I thought the mixed greens were delish and they are still very good for you.

Here's what I used:
-Dark greens (your choice)
-2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
-Cayenne pepper to taste
-Garlic salt to taste

Spicy Superfood Chips by Home is with You

Preheat oven to 275. Mix the oil and spices together well and then dip the greens in and lay them on a baking sheet. I just did enough greens to fill the sheet.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes.

Spicy Superfood Chips by Home is with You

Enjoy! This really hit the spot for a salty/spicy late night snack, without the guilt afterwards. What more could you ask for?

Pin It!



5 comments:

  1. I just found your site and am happy to be a new follower. What an awesome way to eat greens. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sound yummy!! I'll have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add another fan to the list! Found your blog through Eat Yourself Skinny and I love it!

    Greetings from Houston :) Hope you're having a magnificent monday!

    <3
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I have never tried anything like this before, but I think I would really enjoy them!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy recipe!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...