May 10, 2012

A woman thing.

A woman thing.
This was a year ago on our trip from Wichita to Dallas...at some point in the 100+ degree heat our AC went out and this girl was not happy.

There are times when we as women get crazy emotional and we cry for no reason. Sometimes we even get mad at our men (or anyone in the general vicinity) for no reason because you happen to be in the path of destruction...and for that we are sorry. Truly.

I wish I had an answer for you men today as to why this happens, but I don't have a clue, other than I know hormones are involved. Dang them...

I'll never forget the time a few years ago that my little sister-in-law (and she'll probably kill me for telling this story), who was about 10 at the time, was tubing at the lake. All weekend she had been out there getting tossed around by her brothers and doing crazy tricks and then we sent her out there one morning and had just started to slowly get going and I realized she was crying. I told my brother-in-law to stop so we could see what was going on and as we were pulling her in Dave yelled, "What's the deal Jess?"...we thought she had hurt herself somehow. She replied, "I don't know!" Dave and I looked at each other and shook our heads and tried our best not to laugh....it had begun.

...so men, if you're reading today, please be patient with the women in your life when they get this way. Honest to goodness we can't help it. Most of the time. So just give us some space and let it pass, we promise it will. Take a lesson from Hootie and let her cry...


11 comments:

  1. I tend to have a lot of these "moments" around a certain time of the month haha. I can't imagine what itll be like being pregnant and EXTRA emotional haha. sometimes a good cry cures it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i hear you on this. i'm feeling this way today! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just about sums up my life. My husband is just getting the hint that I need "me" time when I'm upset and to leave me alone for bit before for trying to be all prince charming and save the day.

    Side note- followed your blog awhile back, and am just reading your love story, and I couldn't get over how sweet it is! Y'all are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, this is so true, sometimes we gotta just get it out, and our guys need to just let us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen sister..preach on!! ;)
    I definitely have had many 'moments' like this!
    xo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo - ya. We don't need a reason other than we are women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the poor men in our lives...but I think we put up with quite a bit of their own shenanigans as well! ;) And, oh, that Hootie song...an all-time fave! It was so great meeting you last night! Can't wait to do it again!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could say "I don't know what you're talking about girl!", but sadly, I have been a crazy woman the last two days. Would somebody please come slay the PMS that has taken over my body! Geesh! Starting to finally feel a little more like ME tonight. Thank God! I think our men deserve a medal for putting up with all our "woman things" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am showing this to my husband to prove im not the only crazy wife who has spontaneous cry sessions out there! hormones

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true. I've been crying in the middle of an argument and suddenly burst into laughter. After thoroughly confusing my husband, I then snap at him for trying to make me laugh when I'm being serious.

    Such is life.

    Britt
    Secondhand Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...