May 31, 2012

A Place of Yes.

Photobucket

I've made it no secret that I love all things Bethenny Frankel. She's witty and she says exactly what's on her mind at all times, and I adore that. Not long ago I finished reading her book A Place of Yes. I'm not saying this just because I love Bethenny, but I highly recommend this book...

Without giving anything away I will say that this book taught me a lot of things and made me think about the way I do things. It helped me to make some necessary changes. I realized there were a few places in my life that I wasn't coming at them from "a place of yes", which shocked me, but it was something I needed to hear.

...plus, it's a perfect pool-side book because let's face it, Bethenny is hilarious. And the way her books are written it's like she's talking to you. Which is awesome.

Your turn, what books are you reading this summer?  Anything I need to get my hands on right this moment? Besides Shades of Grey, because obviously I've heard of that!


13 comments:

  1. I really want to read this and Skinny Dipping!! Did you see her on Ellen on Tuesday? She has her own talkshow coming out this summer on Fox! I am so obsessed with baby Brin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of her before! Sounds like a must read...I am sure I could use a little challenge in that area! Right now i am reading The Shack, and while it is about the saddest book I have read, it is really insightful and challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a HUGE fan on Bethenny too! She's hilarious! I'm definitely going to have to check this book out :) Don't you also do her yoga tape?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, I love Bethenny too! I think she is so hilarious. I have her cookbook which I really like, so maybe I'll pick this up! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check that book out.

    I just finished the book Ali in Wonderland, by Ali Wentowrth. She is a comedian, and the wife of Geroge Stephanopolous. Read funny, quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a Bethenny fanatic, too! I haven't read this book yet, but I have read "Naturally Thin" - HIGHLY recommend that book! She does such a good job of telling you what you already know, but saying it in a way to kick start you to make a change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her. I think I might pick this up next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading Harry Potter 7 for the hundreth time:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'll have to look into that book! I just finished reading the Shoemaker's Wife, which was great, but pretty much the opposite of hilarious.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I'm following you on Twitter and had to stop by and say I love all things Bethenny too! I am currently reading "Lets Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson- The Bloggess
    It is laugh out loud funny by which i mean my husband has said what are you laughing at and I begin reading him parts of the book. Its a bit crude in parts but still hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for good summer reading suggestions, so thanks for sharing this! I'm planning on heading back through the Harry Potter books, as I just got back from visiting Harry Potter World in FL. It was soooo amazing, but now I need to go re-acquaint myself with all the details we saw in person... Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love Bethenny Frankel. Read her book and it's amazing and inspiring and so uplifting. I just finished Ellen Degeneres's book "Seriously.. I'm kidding" and it was an easy read that made me laugh a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...