May 8, 2012

Bring on the rain...

I love the idea of a good rain and how it's as if everything is wiped clean. The morning after a big storm everything is the same and yet, everything's different...

IMG_0634

Lately I've been working on waking up early. I've let myself get away with getting out of bed a little later than I'd like the past few months, although many nights I'm up past midnight working on things. I've been trying to change this habit slowly, but I decided that this week I would just do it whether I was tired or not.

Yesterday went perfectly, I woke up early and hopped right out of bed and got to work. Let's just say that today didn't go so well. My alarm went off and I was actually alert (this never happens), but then I looked over at Dave and he looked so peaceful that I couldn't help but to lay my head on his chest and drift back off to sleep. I thought I had reset my alarm, but I thought wrong. Next thing I knew it was 10:30. Dangit.

I'm trying not to beat myself up about it, I'll do better tomorrow. I just hate that it only took until day 2 for me to crack. That's the beauty of it though, tomorrow is another day and we can try again at the things we failed at today.


8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, I've been working on the same thing! For awhile things were going great, I was getting up at 7, and the girls would get up at 730. I was aiming for 6 so I could run and shower first, but next thing I knew we were all sleeping until 8/830! How lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so impossible to get up early! I don't even have to get up that early, but the thought of rolling out of bed any earlier than 6:45 (YES 6:45!) makes me cringe, especially if an elliptical is involved... so I just don't do it. Ugh, so I feel your pain, completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the day after it rains. Everything is so fresh, and the air is so much cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh I think even if I had the opportunity to sleep in I couldn't! I wake up at 630a during the week so on the weekends 8am is sleeping in. But I LOVE those mornings waking up next to a peaceful hubby knowing you can stay cuddled in bed! Live for the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be so bad, then I got into UW and have to drive to Seattle every morning, now 730am is sleeping in for me - how sad is THAT?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting up early, I work so much better first thing in the morning than I do in the afternoon/evening. However, putting it in to practice = totally different matter.
    It doesn't help battling the UK weather (seriously, I think we're giving up on summer this year) and waking up on dark, gloomy mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That always happens to me! I am WIDE AWAKE when the alarm goes off, but then I make the mistake of laying there and before I know it I'm waking up an hour later! I am impressed you did it one day! That's better than me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...