February 13, 2012

Accept yourself.

Accept yourself // Home is with You
Touche, fortune cookie

...this is always easier said than done. We hear it all the time "be yourself" "love yourself" "accept yourself"...but do we really listen? As silly as it sounds, when I opened my fortune cookie the other night and found this quote it made me stop and think. I'm so hard on myself sometimes...

But worrying and self-doubt don't get us anywhere. And while I agree that we should love ourselves in the moment, I also believe if there's something you don't like...change it! Some things may take longer to change than others, but it's worth it to take the steps to get there.

Accept yourself // Home is with You

One of the things Dave and I have been wanting to do is take action on our desire to give back. Now that we're settled in Austin we plan to do just that. We're looking for somewhere to volunteer some of our time, but we want to do more. So last night my sweet husband, who has the biggest heart, came up with a wonderful idea...why not give 10% of all album and shop sales to a charity of our choice?

Where the money goes will probably change month to month because there are multiple efforts that we're passionate about, but we will keep you all updated. We just want to but our money where our mouths are...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I love the picture of you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! When Jon and I started tithing I was a little weary to give away a big chunk of our money when we were trying to save for a house but the Lord has provided in so many different ways since we starting giving our 10%! He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe, I just love this post. Gorgeous picture also =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to your blog by way of the wiegands and glad I found your creative little space on the web. Love the idea of giving back and how you have chosen to do it. There's no better feeling than giving a small sacrifice knowing the impact could be larger than you imagined. Enjoy your weekend:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lvoe this. The post is great and the photo of you is beautiful. I started giving 10% of my etsy and market days sales to a local charity. Now I am going on a trip with them... it is a human trafficking organization. I am excited and a little bit scared. Once you are willing to open your heart, you will be taken to new place. Keep rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, so very heartfelt.

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...