January 20, 2012

Best nut butter...ever.

That's right I said it. Last night I made homemade nut butter for the first time, and now I'm wondering why it took me so long. I'm sure you're all aware of my health nut tendencies by now and since it is so much healthier (and cheaper) to make your own nut butter I'm ashamed to say this was my first time. And guys, it turned out SO tasty! But that's because I added a little something special ;)

Here's what I did...

First I took 2 cups of mixed nuts (make sure to get some without any crazy ingredients, just nuts and sea salt) and roasted them in the oven for 6 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure to take out your baking sheet and shake them around a bit every couple of minutes to avoid getting them burnt.

recipe

I then put the nuts in my little food processor and added 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil on top. I blended for a few minutes and when it started to get chunky I added an additional 1/2 tsp oil and continued to blend.

food

Once it started to get creamier, I added a some honey on top (I just squeezed a ring around the top of the nut butter). With the honey try to make sure you get Grade A honey, that is the honey that is the most natural and all that good stuff. Blend for another minute or so to mix in the honey and get it to your desired texture.

homemade peanut butter

I like mine creamy, but still a little crunchy too.


Store it in an air tight container in the fridge. I put mine in an old salsa jar...because recycling is cool ya'll :) Enjoy!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. who knew it was so easy! definitely doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love the homemade PB at Whole Foods where you watch the peanuts grind...so good! And you are officially a Texan...YAWWWWLLL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nut butter...YUM! I think my food processor would straight up die, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds YUMMY. I like peanut butter creamy but a little crunchy as well!

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my oh my! I will have to give this a try! My fam has a lot of peanut butter lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds amazing! I was just wondering about making my own peanut butter...I'm so glad you posted this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously?! You continue to amaze me....like for real you made homemade peanut butter right now?! :) Flippin love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother is addicted to peanut butter! Maybe a jar of home made pb will be the perfect birthday present for him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making. This. NOW. Thank you for linking up to What I Whipped Up Wednesday! Have a great week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to trying this recipe! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: oourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...