November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! // Home is with You

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you all have wonderful days planned full of lots of food and family :) We are here in Knoxville, Tennessee spending time with Dave's family today.

So much to be thankful for this year. I feel so blessed to have you all along for the ride and supporting Dave and I...it truly means the world to both of us.

Happy Thanksgiving! // Home is with You

Since I usually post some recipes and food ideas on Thursdays for the "what's for dinner" link-up I do here, I thought I'd leave you guys with the chocolate chip pecan pie recipe that my Mom and I usually make together every year. This is how I'll be making it this year...

Besides just not being there when my family is all together, that is the hardest thing for me about missing Thanksgiving at home. That and going black friday shopping with my Dad the next day :)

What you'll need~

*1 1/2 bananas
*3/4 c water
*1 3/4 c cane sugar
*1/2 tsp sea salt
*1/2 stick unsalted butter
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*2 c pecan pieces
*1 1/2 c dark chocolate
*1 9inch pie crust

Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix together the bananas and water until very well blended. Add the brown sugar and salt. Melt the butter and add to the mixture. Add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips.

Happy Thanksgiving! // Home is with You

Place the pecans in the pie shell and pour the mixture on top, the pecans will float to the surface. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 325°F (160°C) and bake until the center of the pie is set and no longer trembles when touched, about 65 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving! // Home is with You

Enjoy!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great Thanksgiving darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!! Chocolate chip pecan pie sounds right up my alley! Have a great thanksgiving with your man!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...