October 7, 2011

Fitting in.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ~Steve Jobs

Fitting In // Home is with You

...Wow, just wow. What an amazing man he was. I found this quote last night and it was exactly what I needed to hear. It is so easy to get discouraged and feel like your letting people down by not doing what they think you should be doing, but it is so important to follow your heart and do what you know you were made for.

Fitting In // Home is with You

This has been especially hard for me lately, I know a lot of people don't understand the fact that I don't have what most people consider a "real job" and that I help out with Dave's music. More and more I grow ok with that though. Some people just may never understand my choices in life...and that's ok. It hasn't been easy for me to get here, I am definitely a people pleaser at heart.

Fitting In // Home is with You

So thank you Steve Jobs for reminding us that creativity is a necessity, not a luxury. Where would we be without the creative minds of the world? 

~~~
Oh and this post is on the perfect day, because today is my step-dad's birthday! Happy Birthday John!! He is the one that got me into apple products :) Hope you have a wonderful day, we love you!

23 comments:

  1. loved this! we definitely don't have to fit into everyone else's perfect mold of how our life should look! I think it's so neat that you are able to help your husband with his music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quote so much... lately i've been realizing more and more that it's important to do what makes youuu happy, it's your life, not theirs and it's important to surround yourself with people who support you.. don't let people get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's amazing that you work with him - it's so easy to feel pressure from expectations of others! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people struggle with this! Yeah... I have told a lot of people that I have started to blog and I don't think many people understand! :) Keep it up...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, hang in there and keep pursuing what you know and love. As much as it's nice to please other people, it your life you have to think about. That pic of you is lovely BTW.

    I'm starting a new series this month. You should stop by and take a look. =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlllll I think it is AMAZING that you work with him I would only dream of doing something like that! Thank you for sharing your post!! That quote is also great! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing.. Love that quote..

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are GORGEOUS! And what a superb reminder to love what we do and do what we love. Thanks girl for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the Birthday wish! You guys have fun in KC. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You blog is wonderful! I'd love it if we followed each other!:)

    Shelby xoxo
    sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. these pictures are incredible!!! I'm following you here too! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really think I needed to hear this right now. Such a beautiful quote from a truly brilliant man!



    xo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank YOU for all of the hard work you put into supporting our dreams. I love that when we came together, it enabled us both to pursue what is in our hearts and have one another for encouragement, support, and most importantly - LOVE. You should never doubt your importance to this world and if you ever do, I'll be right here to remind you that you're among God's most beautiful creations. And although Steve Jobs was brilliant in his own right, you're no stick in the mud darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just posted the speech that this quote came from onto my blog today! It is an amazing one- have you heard it all?
    It's funny that i have stumbled across your post after doing that...anyways- i had just started reading through your pages...it's lovely to hear how happy you are with being adopted. I hope to adopt one day...quite far from now though! but its nice to know of positive stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're enjoying the blog, that means so much to me :) And I've been wanting to watch the whole speech...maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you love :) And I love that we make each others dreams come true too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! That means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...